Friends of CRLS is seeking nominations from CRLS teachers, counselors, advisors, administrators, and other CRLS staff members for the Charlene Holmes Memorial Awards.
Four members of this year’s graduating class — one from each Learning Community — will each receive a check for $500.
Charlene Holmes, a member of the CRLS Class of 2014 appreciated and admired by peers and faculty alike, was killed by gunshot on Willow Street in June 2012. We honor her memory with these meaningful awards.
The awardees will be seniors who exemplify Charlene’s spirit of generosity and caring toward their fellow students along with the pursuit of their own dreams of higher education and professional careers.
Please include the following in your nomination letter:
- your name, position at CRLS, and email address
- your student nominee’s full name, Learning Community, and email address
- how long you have known the student and in what context
- what specific qualities make the student an excellent candidate for this award — include two specific examples
- post-graduation ambitions of the student
- academic standing (GPA) of the student
- financial need/situation of the student
Please email your typed nomination letter as a .pdf attachment to email@example.com no later than March 15 at 11:59 p.m. with “Charlene Holmes Memorial Award Nomination” in the subject line. Important: if using a scanner, please scan the letter to your own email and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.